On April 25th, the City of Chula Vista and Baldwin & Sons celebrated the Grand Opening of Otay Ranch’s Montecito Park.
Montecito Park is located directly next to the Montecito Swim Club just north of Santa Diana Road. The park will give local residents a convenient place to relax with their families, friends and loved ones.
The new park features a large multipurpose grass field, covered picnic area, tot-lot, tennis court, basketball court and more. It’s central location and proximity to the Montecito Swim Club will make this area a popular attraction for many summers to come.
The opening of Montecito Park was a group effort and would not have been possible without the following people:
- Mayor - Mary Casillas Salas
- City Manager - Gary Halbert
- Development Services Director - Kelly Broughton
- Deputy City Manager - Maria Kachadoorian
- Chief of Police - Roxana Kennedy
- Former City of Chula Vista Mayor - Cheryl Cox
- Economic Development Director - Eric Crockett
- Deputy City Manager - Kelly Bacon
- City Landscape Architect - Mary Radley
- Marketing and Communications Manager - Anne Steinberger
- Project Manager Development Services - Stan Donn
- Management Analyst - Connie Huynh
- Park Supervisor - Danny Schreck
- Public Works - Rick Hopkins