Veterans Day is a day of reflection, rememberance, and honor for our military veterans. The City of Chula Vista will be recognizing the holiday with several upcoming events:
- November 1st - 13th: Otay Ranch Branch Library (2015 Birch Rd) will provide supplies to the public to write and decorate thank you cards to veterans which will be shipped overseas for the holidays.
- November 2nd: The 13th annual parade to honor our heroes past, present, and future will be held at Veterans Elementary School (1550 Magdalena Ave), starting at 9 AM. The parade route will run from Magdalena Ave to Santa Venetia St and conclude at Veterans Elementary School. Following the parade, a ceremony recognizing veterans and military families will be held from 10 AM to 11 AM.
- November 3rd - 8th: South Branch Library (389 Orange Ave) will provide supplies to the public to write and decorate thank you cards to veternans which will be shipped overseas for the holidays. These thank you cards will be delivered to the Chula Vista Veterans Home on Veterans Day.
- November 18th: "New American Soldier" and "Where Soldiers Come From" will be shown beginning at 1 PM at the Civic Center Library Auditorium (365 F St).
- November 19th: "Patriot Guard Riders" and "When I Come Home" will be shown starting at 4 PM at the Civic Center Library Auditorium (365 F St).
Other locations in Chula Vista, that will be recognizing our veterans includes:
- Veterans Park (785 East Palomar St): "Walk of Honor" walkway paved with bricks inscribed with the names of veterans.
- Memorial Park (373 Park Wy): The City's second oldest park dating back to 1937 and is the site of the City's Memorial Monument dedicated to armed forces dating back to World War II.
- Chula Vista Public Library (365 F St): Hosts a Veteran Wing, which provides counseling space, updated veterans information and memorabilia, books and media materials.
- Veterans Home of California Chula Vista: One of eight dedicated Veterans Homes in California. The 400-bed long term care facility provides care to veterans in three areas: independent living, licensed residential, and skilled nursing care.
We'd like to thank all veterans - past and present - for their sacrifice and service. We are forever grateful to you for providing us protection and freedom.